I am proud to be a Trustee at Creative Youth Network, a charity based in my home town of Bristol offering support to young people. It deals with some very pertinent issues around the power of creativity and opportunities in the creative industries.
Creative Youth Network activities improve communication skills, confidence, practical abilities and the means to organise and plan. It seeks to unlock potential, find new talent, provide opportunities to engage in the arts and allows young people to find new friends. The support includes giving disadvantaged young people access to industry contacts and helping them build a portfolio of work - which is an incredibly difficult thing to do when you are also dealing with poverty, housing issues or have daily responsibilities as a carer. Creative Youth Network facilities include drama, dance and music studios, film making and photography equipment, exhibition spaces and access to technical sound and lighting rigs.
Design Rally is run by Lynne Elvins.
“I have been working with design in relation to business and sustainability for over 15 years. I'm qualified in Design Management, with strategic understanding of the business benefits of good design, and practical experience of delivering and organising design projects and external designers. I have working knowledge of branding, 3D-printing, print production and e-commerce alongside specialist knowledge of the role of design in relation to sustainable development (balancing social, environmental and financial agendas).
Alongside Design Rally, I’m mum to a teenager, a part-time potter, RSA Fellow, TEDx speaker, owner of a rare KLF album, and fan of good wine and travel opportunities. I am very fortunate to work with amazing people and organisations. Collaborating on such a wide range of projects allows me to provide my cross-connected knowledge of design, business and sustainability.”
- Design Management Advisor, PDR (Product Development Research Centre), Cardiff
- Design Advisor, The Design Programme
- Design Associate, Design Council, Designing Demand Programme
- Columnist, Interior Magazine, New Zealand
- Vice-Chair, West of England Design Forum
- Visiting lecturer at UWE, Bath Spa, Cranfield, Kingston, and College of the Creative Arts
- Co-creator of an ‘Ethical Timeline of Design’ and ‘Sustainability Issue Mapping for Designers’
- Senior Advisor on Sustainable Innovation for Products and Services, Forum for the Future
- e-comms Manager and Contributing Editor, SustainAbility Radar, SustainAbility Ltd
- Ist Class BA(hons) degree in Design Management from the Surrey Institute of Art & Design
Connect on Linked-In for further details